Mojito’s, they would have to be one of my all time favourite cocktails. Not only because they taste amazing, but because each time I sip on a Mojito they evoke memories of our holidays in Fiji, with long lazy days spent by the pool sipping on this tropical delight. My fiance and I have been to Fiji twice, even getting engaged there on our most recent trip, so Mojitos and Fiji will always hold a special significance to me.
So I couldn’t wait to see whether these Mojito Cheesecake Parfaits would actually taste like a Mojito, and indeed they do. Delicious layers of biscuit base, cream cheese filling infused with lime, mint and rum, topped with finger lime caviar. Tropical, decadent and insanely delicious. They are also deliciously simple to make too, requiring only a few steps, before the finally assembly of ingredients, and time to set in the fridge.
These little delights are my submission to the latest Sweet Adventures Blog Hop, with this months theme being layers. This months hostess is the lovely KC from Capers of the Kitchen Crusader.
So tell me, what is your favourite cocktail?
- 20g unsalted butter, melted
- 150g of biscuits, crushed
- 150g of white chocolate
- 150g of raw caster sugar
- 60ml of water
- zest and juice of 3 limes, plus 1 extra lime, sliced, to garnish
- 100ml of white rum
- 1 cup of mint leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 400g of cream cheese
- 250g of mascarpone cheese
- 1 finger lime, split
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and bring to the boil before reducing the heat to low and simmering for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the mint leaves, lime juice and zest, and rum and cover and set aside to infuse for 20 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until melted.
- Place the cream cheese and mascarpone in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the strained syrup and melted chocolate and process to combine.
- Combine the crushed biscuits and melted butter and stir to combine. Divide half the mixture between 6 glasses and press into the base. Top with half the cheesecake mixture. Top this with the remaining biscuit mixture and then layer with the remaining cheesecake mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- When ready to serve top with a dollop of cream, mint leaves and finger lime caviar.
Sweet Adventures is a monthly, dessert-themed blog hop organised by JJ from 84th & 3rd, KC from The Capers of the Kitchen Crusader, Jennifer from Delicieux, Nic from Dining with a Stud, and Christina from The Hungry Australian.
This month’s Blog Hop event, Layer Upon Layer, is being hosted by KC from Capers of the Kitchen Crusader. Check out all of the other delicious Layer Upon Layer submissions below. For detailed instructions on how to join this fun event, check out KC’s blog.