Eat Your Books is a website for people who love cookbooks, own a lot of them and want to make better use of them. Perhaps you haven’t got time to flick through all of your cookbooks to find a particular recipe, or you keep using the same book over and over and would like to use other books in your collection. This is where Eat Your Books comes to the rescue.
Eat Your Books can help you find recipes from your cookbook collection in seconds. Once you’ve added your cookbooks to your library, which is so simple to do and took me about 20 minutes to add all of mine, you can then quickly and easily search for recipes in your cookbook collection by name or ingredient. For example, in the search below I searched my library for recipes containing mushrooms and the results show all the recipes in my collection that contain mushrooms, and the book the recipe comes from. Brilliant huh?!
With Eat Your Books you can create your own personal Bookshelf and you can find recipes across:
- Your cookbooks - tell us which cookbooks you own. If we haven’t indexed a favorite book, use the EYB indexing tools and do it yourself.
- Your food magazines - add that stack of magazines, all the most popular magazines have been indexed.
- Great food blogs and websites - such as Delicieux, Food52, David Lebovitz, Smitten Kitchen, 101 Cookbooks and many more.
- Your own personal recipe clippings - bring some order to your clippings files by using the EYB indexing tools.
- Your favorite online recipes - using the EYB Bookmarklet – add any online recipe to your collection.
Eat Your Books is NOT a recipe site, so you won’t find the recipes here, but you will be able to find them and if there is an online version of the recipe there will be a link to it.
So, onto the give away.
Give Away Rules:
- Competition is open WORLDWIDE!
- You will need to log in to enter using the entry form below. Either using your Facebook account or name and email address (you can find this below the Facebook login button).
- You will receive ONE (1) entry for each basic task you complete below. For example Like Delicieux on Facebook you will receive 1 entry. If you Like Delicieux on Facebook and Follow Delicieux on Twitter you will receive 2 entries!
- For 3 (three) bonus entries, you can share the give away on leave a comment below telling me how many cookbooks you have in your collection, and what your favourite cookbook is. You can also receive 3 bonus entries EACH DAY for sharing the give away on Twitter and your Facebook page and you will receive 3 EXTRA entries for each day you do this!
- To submit your entries select the entry option and click on the Do It button to follow the entry instructions and record your entry. This step is important otherwise your entry won’t count!!!! And don’t forget to do this for EACH task you complete!
- The more times you enter the greater your chance of winning!
- 1 lucky winner will be chosen at random and the winner will receive a FREE LIFETIME membership to Eat Your Books.